This article will teach you about the analysis mode.
What analysis mode is
The analysis mode offers a comfortable tagging experience for applying tags in notes.
In this mode, a note cannot be edited (the formatting bar will be disabled). This is especially useful to prevent accidental typing and thereby deleting selected text.
Also, analysis mode provides a quick selection of sentences by simply clicking on them.
💡 Use analysis mode in combination with pinned tags and tagging with keyboard shortcuts to speed up your data analysis tremendously.
Activating and deactivating analysis mode
- Open a note.
- Go to the upper right corner of the note. Click on the toggle switch to activate or deactivate analysis mode. Alternatively use <kbd>Ctrl+Alt+Space</kbd>.
If you have analysis mode enabled or not will be stored in your browser. So you will stay in analysis mode, even when changing notes.
Tagging in analysis mode
- Open the note in which you want to apply tags.
- Make sure analysis mode is activated.
- Click on a sentence to select it. The familiar tag selector will appear on the right side of your note.
- Apply the tags as desired.
💡 In analysis mode, hovering your note with your mouse will underline the hovered sentence so that you know what part of the text will be selected when clicking on it.