Since transcribing audio and video files is a lot of work, we have developed a plugin to support you in doing this. Subsequently, this article will teach you about transcribing audio or video files with the transcript plugin.
Note: When you want to transcribe files, the respective plugin must be activated in the current project.
Transcribing audio or video files
- Open a note containing an audio file (or video file with an audio track).
- Hover over the file container.
A three-dot-menu appears in the upper right corner of the file container.
- Click on the three-dot menu and select “Transcribe”.
A popup dialogue appears.
- Select the number of people speaking on the recording by clicking on the respective number.
- Select the spoken language in the recording by clicking on the language dropdown menu.
The “Start transcription” button has a green color now.
- Click on the “Start transcription” button.
The transcript is now in processing. A processing container appears below your file in the note.
When finished, the transcript is inserted there.
Note: Regarding your accounts license and team size, there is a quota limit of total minutes that can be transcribed per month.
Aborting a running transcription
Note: Aborting a running transcription will not restore the redeemed minutes of your transcript account quota.
- On the upper right corner of the transcript processing container below the audio or video file open the three-dot menu.
- To stop the process, select the “Abort” option.
The transcript processing aborts. The transcript will not be inserted.