Available in the following licenses: Pro, Custom
User-level required for use: User or Admin
Please be sure the transcribe plugin is activated in the current project or activate the plugin.
Transcribe an uploaded file
- Open a note where an audio file (or video file with an audio track) is stored.
- In the upper right corner of the file container, a three-dot menu appears if you move your mouse over the file.
- Open the three-dot menu and click on “Transcribe”.
A popup dialogue appears.
- Select the number of people speaking on the recording by clicking on the respective number.
- Select the spoken language in the recording by clicking on the language dropdown menu.
The “Start transcription” button is now colored green.
- Click on the “Start transcription” button.
The transcript is now in processing. A processing container appears below your file in the note. When finished, the transcript is inserted there.
Aborting a running transcription
Note: Aborting a running transcription will not restore the redeemed minutes of your transcript account quota.
- On the upper right corner of the transcript processing container below the audio or video file open the three-dot menu.
- To stop the process, select the “Abort” option.
The transcript processing is now canceled. The transcript will not be inserted.
Missing “Transcribe” button in the three-dot menu
The transcript plugin is most probably not activated in this project. Please activate the plugin.
Regarding your accounts license and team size, there is a quota limit of total minutes that can be transcribed per month.
The duration of the processing can vary. As a rule of thumb, the processing should not take longer than the original audio or video file length. If this duration is exceeded and no transcript appears, please contact our support team.
Insert transcript / already processed
If you try to use the transcribing feature on a file for a second time with the same setting as the first time, instead of processing the file once again we’ll insert the already generated transcript. This will not affect your monthly processing quota.
Three-dot menu not appearing
While a file is still being uploaded the three-dot menu does not appear when you move your mouse over the file container.
If the transcript feature does not work for you, please don’t hesitate to contact us via chat, email, or any other channel you prefer.