Since transcribing audio and video files can be a lot of manual work, we have developed a plugin to support you in doing this. Subsequently, this article will teach you about transcribing audio or video files with the transcript plugin.
Note: Before you can transcribe files, the transcription plugin has to be activated in the respective project.
Transcribing audio and video files
- Open a note containing an audio file (or video file with an audio track).
- Hover over the file container. A three-dot menu ••• appears in the upper right corner of the file container.
- Click on the three-dot menu ••• and select “Transcribe”. A popup dialog appears.
- Select the number of people speaking on the recording by clicking on the respective number.
- Select the spoken language in the recording by clicking on the language dropdown menu. The “Start transcription” button has a green color now.
- Click on the “Start transcription” button. The transcript is now in processing. A processing container appears below your file in the note. When finished, the transcript is inserted there.
Aborting a running transcription
Note: Aborting a running transcription will not restore the redeemed minutes of your transcript account quota.
- On the upper right corner of the transcript processing container below the audio or video file open the three-dot menu •••.
- To stop the process, select the “Abort” option. The transcript processing aborts. The transcript will not be inserted.
↳ Learn more about troubleshooting issues with the transcription plugin in our troubleshooting article.