When opening a project, you see all its notes in the notes dashboard. This dashboard is similar to Trello, Jira, or any other Kanban-like tool you know. Here you can create multiple board lanes to group notes together. You can group your notes to your individual needs and best fitting to the type of study you conduct.
This article will teach you about how note groups support you and about how you create them.
Recommendation for grouping notes
As a starting point, here are a few suggestions on how to group your notes:
- One group “About” with notes that describe your study, research methodology, interview templates, etc., and one group with notes for your gathered data, e.g., “Interviews”. We advise creating one note for each participant.
- In a running project, you might want to use groups for the state of your research, such as “To analyze” for imported raw data and “Done” for notes you already screened and tagged.
- We’ve also seen projects with groups for the type or source of provided feedback, such as “Support request”, “Sales feedback”, and “User Research”.
Creating a new notes group
- Go to the notes dashboard within a project.
- Click on the + button on the right side of the note groups to create a new group. The group will be added to the right side of your existing groups and named “Untitled group” by default.
- Click on the note group’s name.
- Edit the note group’s name.
- Hit ENTER or click outside the input field to rename the note group.