This article teaches you about billing your team account.
Managing your billing information
Only team admins have access to “Billing” on the team settings page. There you can view the current amount of paid seats, change billing information (such as your company’s address or tax ID), or download previous invoices. You can also provide an email address as billing contact to which new invoices will be sent.
When you will be billed
We provide monthly and yearly billing. You will be billed at the beginning of your chosen billing period. A change like upgrading your plan or inviting team members will be reflected in your next billing statement (for more on that see below). Furthermore, when canceling your subscription, you might be invoiced one last time for any outstanding un-invoiced services.
Invoices and sales tax
You will be billed in Euro. Your invoices will contain your specified company address and tax ID number (which you will need to provide for any other country than Germany). Sales tax will be applied to fees charged to customers with a billing address in Germany (Umsatzsteuer). Services for customers outside of Germany are subject to the reverse charge, this means, VAT is to be accounted for by the recipient.
Inviting and removing team members
Only team admins can invite, remove, or change the role of a team member.
When team members are removed or added your next bill will reflect that change. That means a prorated amount will be removed or added. The prorated amount is calculated to the second.
- When you invite a new team member halfway through the billing period, you are additionally charged half a seat on your next bill.
- When you remove a team member or downgrade a team member to an observer halfway through the billing period, you are credited half a seat on your next bill.
Observer accounts don’t require a paid seat as they are free of charge. That has the following implications:
- When you invite an observer, there is no update in paid seats.
- When you downgrade an existing team member to an observer, one paid seat will be automatically removed from your team account (and is prorated accordingly in your next bill).
- When you upgrade an observer to another role, one paid seat needs to be added to your team account (and is prorated accordingly in your next bill).
- When you invite a new team member with another role than “Observer”, again, one paid seat needs to be added to your team account (and is prorated accordingly in your next bill).
The number of paid seats always reflects your current team and you don’t have to handle them manually. Before a paid seat is added to your team account, you will always be prompted to approve it.