Atomic UX Research
How to use Atomic UX Research for building a research repository in consider.ly
What is Atomic UX Research?
Atomic UX Research is a framework to structure and retrieve qualitative research data. The term was framed by Tomer Sharon working on the Polaris framework at WeWork.
Atoms are the smallest units of research – observations such as tagged user quotes or
video snippets – that you can combine to support your hypotheses, present, and share.
How Atomic UX Research can benefit your research
Atomic UX Research helps you to consistently document your findings and trace conclusions back to the raw facts.
Instead of creating lengthy PDF reports, you build a searchable body of granular research insights, that will compound over time and that you can utilize to answer new research questions like “What do we know about …?”.
Applying Atomic UX Research in consider.ly
consider.ly is a tool for qualitative data analysis – designed with Atomic UX Research already in mind. It is built to create a research repository as a shared and searchable research memory.
Watch the short introduction video to learn about the basics of Atomic UX Research and how you can apply this research framework in consider.ly.
The 4 stages of Atomic UX Research
You collect data in Experiments like research studies. From these experiments, you draw Facts, such as user quotes or statistics. By combining and interpreting these facts, you learn something new and gain Insights. In turn, Insights reveal Opportunities for improvements.
How to start with Atomic UX Research
We are at your service: Schedule a personal call with Jonas, our CEO, to talk about adopting Atomic UX research, best practices, and building a long-lasting research repository.
You can also learn more about Atomic UX Research in our in-depth blog post.
Start with Atomic UX Research today
Structure your research for continuous learning and long-term benefits.
Build a research repository in consider.ly.
All Features of consider.ly
- Create projects and take notes from data such as interview transcripts
- Organize your notes intuitively via drag and drop
Convenient file upload
- Attach interviewee images, video recordings, and any other files to your notes
- Store your raw research data logically
- Use tags to highlight important quotes or sentiment
- Define individual patterns and structure your data
- Ready to create, present, and share your insights
- Back your research and support your findings with bundled data from interview insights
Sentiment analysis with AI
- Our AI determines the sentiment of interviewee quotes automatically for you
- Assign specific tags for positive and negative connotations within your notes
- Enjoy useful AI-generated transcripts of your video and audio files
- Insert transcripts directly into your notes
- Search through your tags to discover recurring themes
- Identify patterns across notes and projects thanks to visualizations
Beneficial real-time collaboration
- Synchronize your work across all devices and for all team members
- Take notes and generate insights collectively
- Collaborate with your team, including granular access to data
- Easily share insights and findings with your stakeholders
- Kick-start your studies using custom templates
- Pre-defined tag taxonomies that align with your organization’s individual research system
- Explore your data through helpful graphs, diagrams, and statistics
- Discover and visualize patterns in your tagged observations
- We highly value the security and protection of your data
- All consider.ly servers are located in Germany
- Data Processing Order is available for Enterprise customers
Even easier workflows
- Integrate your existing workflow into consider.ly
- Exporting data from and into Jira, Confluence, Trello, and many more
More effortless data import
- Directly load your data into consider.ly.
- Import user research data from local text files or Google Docs
Even faster Tagging
- Benefit from a refined tagging experience with automatic rule-based tagging
- Get the most out of your data in the least amount of time
Tagging media files
- Highlight certain parts of images, videos, or audio files to find new insights
- Reference to the exact relevant position in media files
More presentation options
- Export your insights into Powerpoint or PDF or a format of your choice
- Present your insights out of consider.ly
Powerful media manager
- All uploaded files in one place to comply with data storage retention periods
- Insert any uploaded file into multiple notes or videos
- Incoming research questions and interview data drops directly into your inbox
- Define custom rules to automate the inflow of your data
We appreciate your input!
Reach out to let us know how consider.ly can support your user research in the best possible way
Researchers around the globe are already storing insights in consider.ly. Start building your UX repository today.
Start your 30-day full-feature trial today. No credit card required.